Author Topic: 1981 Kawasaki invader 440 running problems  (Read 4215 times)

Andrewpeloquin

1981 Kawasaki invader 440 running problems
« on: March 06, 2018, 06:28:45 PM »
Hey guys I'm new here I've got a 81 invader 440 worked like a champ till 1 of the 2 throttle cables snapped on me I replaced it and now the sled doesn't want to run unless I take out a spark plug as soon as I put it back in it won't go if I cover the one cylendar with my finger it just bogs and dies out I'm at a loss here any help would be greatly appreciated

mswyka

Re: 1981 Kawasaki invader 440 running problems
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 07:30:48 PM »
Good evening.  Just so I am sure that I  understand, after the throttle  cable splits, one of the cables running to one of the carbs broke.  After the cable was replaced the sled would not run.  However I am not sure that I understand what you are saying about the spark plugs.

When the new cable was installed did you adjust the slides so that they would come off the bottom at the same time?

Did you  do anything else to the carburetors when you replaced the cables?

Which side had the broken cable and which side is not running?
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:25:09 PM »
Hey guys I'm new here I've got a 81 invader 440 worked like a champ till 1 of the 2 throttle cables snapped on me I replaced it and now the sled doesn't want to run unless I take out a spark plug as soon as I put it back in it won't go if I cover the one cylendar with my finger it just bogs and dies out I'm at a loss here any help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the site!!!

Sounds like an adjustment issue like mswyka is wondering.

Andrewpeloquin

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 01:34:19 PM »
It is the stator side that broke everything has been set I cleaned the carbs thinking it hay have some junk in them if I have the stator side spark plug out completely it will run off the one cylinder (belt side) but as soon as I put the plug back in I can't even get a hiccup out of it and when it's running if I put my finger over the spark plug hole it just dies out

Andrewpeloquin

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 01:39:02 PM »
Also might I add that it has lots of spark I do not have a compression tester but it is hard to put a finger over the hole while it's running so I'm assuming compression is good