Author Topic: Racing the Kawasaki clutch's, what is the set up?  (Read 4489 times)

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Racing the Kawasaki clutch's, what is the set up?
« on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:32 PM »
Seems like the Kawasaki clutching needs some special work to be "race" ready.  This thread is to share set ups that work as well as those that do not.  What have you tried in what conditions and what were the results??

Habbeli

Re: Racing the Kawasaki clutch's, what is the set up?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 03:11:24 PM »
does anyone have any tips?
Where does the white go when the snow melts :-))

gixxer6

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 05:27:51 PM »
I fought with the Kawasaki clutches long enough.  Both my Invaders are getting Polaris clutches. 

For trail riding, leave them stock.  If you want to drag race, I had the best results with the J-ramps or E-ramps that are modified to Aaen spec

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 08:25:31 PM »
Is it better availability of tuning parts?

gixxer6

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 09:15:35 AM »
Is it better availability of tuning parts?

For many reasons...  They are larger and have an overdrive that allows for lower gearing while maintaining top speed (makes for better performance)  For example, I will running 340 gears in my 440 and expect to run the same top speed but have much better slow speed performance.  They are a newer, simpler design and are more efficient.  And yes, there are more tuning options.  Primary springs with different rates, various secondary springs, and multi angled helix's.