Author Topic: 1978 Inviter no spark  (Read 1969 times)

schwartzwi

1978 Inviter no spark
« on: February 18, 2020, 08:17:06 PM »
Hi all , looking for advice on where to start trouble shooting my no spark issue
my pull start broke a few weeks ago and replaced with one that kept getting stuck
so i used a rubber hammer to try to free it up, it did not work so i had to take apart and clean it.
ever since then i now have no spark , i had disconnected the wire harness from the motor and still no spark
the main coils have approx 10.4 or so resistance
how do i go about trouble shooting from here
i did somewhat rebuild her with crank seals, points -condensers a few years back with very few miles on her since
i am looking to sell this year but must get it running first
please any advice

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: 1978 Inviter no spark
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 07:21:13 AM »
Welcome to the site!!!   Start with checking all the connections to make sure they are clean and fit correctly.

schwartzwi

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 12:06:33 PM »
Looks like everything is tight
It’s hard to see if everything is ok under the flywheel
Should I check any other electrical checks before I remove flywheel to investigate?

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 07:06:08 AM »
Sounds like a look under the flywheel is in order.  It will confirm if the points and condenser are OK or not?

Boomologist

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 07:11:52 AM »
Just something that's got me a time or two: Is the safety switch on the handle bar in the off position?

schwartzwi

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 05:14:51 PM »
I have the wire harness disconnected from the motor, from what I read that would rule out a bad kill switch and ignition. Is that correct?
I did remove the fly wheel cover today everything looks tight but I did notice a huge crack on the side of my fly wheel on the magnet part would that cause any no spa condition ?also does anybody know what the resistance is to check the magneto coils?