Author Topic: What are you up to today??  (Read 8607 times)

Rollingmenace

Re: What are you up to today??
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 07:50:02 PM »
Interceptor.....Good luck and well wishes with the Covid.
Myself and my wife both had it and both got cleared to return to work the week of thanksgiving. She believes she picked it up at Costco there was a big recorded outbreak at the store day before she went ( first time in there in 6 months ) go figure.. fortunately for us it wasn’t too bad , we were really down and out for 4 days otherwise just a little tired and weak. The worst for me was loss of smell. The wife lost smell and taste for about a week lol. Otherwise it was comparable to having a strong flu.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 08:16:47 PM »
Very similar here.

Vader440

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2020, 11:21:02 AM »
As of Dec 1st I'm officially retired!  :)

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2020, 12:33:20 PM »

Congratulations!!!!!  Old fart!

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2020, 12:47:39 PM »
Interceptor.....Good luck and well wishes with the Covid.
Myself and my wife both had it and both got cleared to return to work the week of thanksgiving. She believes she picked it up at Costco there was a big recorded outbreak at the store day before she went ( first time in there in 6 months ) go figure.. fortunately for us it wasn’t too bad , we were really down and out for 4 days otherwise just a little tired and weak. The worst for me was loss of smell. The wife lost smell and taste for about a week lol. Otherwise it was comparable to having a strong flu.

How long did it take for your taste and smell to come back?

gixxer6

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2020, 12:54:53 PM »
My son and daughter-in-law both had it.  It was over a month until their taste/smell came back 100%. 

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2020, 08:36:56 AM »

Congratulations!!!!!  Old fart!

I guess I should add this-----I just signed up for Medicare.

Rollingmenace

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2020, 09:39:12 AM »
How long did it take for your taste and smell to come back?
My smell was a week or so the wife’s smell and taste was about 10-12 days....

We’re both fully recovered and been spending my time in garage.. just about got the invader stripped to tunnel and bulkhead only.. planning on keeping bulkhead steel but will fab dash , fuel tank , oil tank, out of aluminum..
once I drop the skid I will focus on my race sled for this season

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2021, 08:46:10 AM »
We have had our 25 year old water heater decide to start dripping.  It is not just a simple job getting the old one out and the new one in.  We got a new gas furnace 6 years ago and they taped into the water heater line in a way that I need to unhook both to put the new one in.  It kind of created a monster for me to deal with.  That spot also has a lot of remodeling supplies that need to be dealt with like old paint.  Our trails are closed so I guess cleaning the basement sounds like a whole bunch of fun. :-\ :-\  My wine making operation is also in this space. ;D ;D

mswyka

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2021, 08:02:35 AM »
We have had our 25 year old water heater decide to start dripping.  It is not just a simple job getting the old one out and the new one in.  We got a new gas furnace 6 years ago and they taped into the water heater line in a way that I need to unhook both to put the new one in.  It kind of created a monster for me to deal with.  That spot also has a lot of remodeling supplies that need to be dealt with like old paint.  Our trails are closed so I guess cleaning the basement sounds like a whole bunch of fun. :-\ :-\  My wine making operation is also in this space. ;D ;D

Best of luck.  I do not envy your needing to do that project.  But it does sound like you have a little control over the  situation and it was not a catastrophic emergency.
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2021, 08:04:37 AM »
Thanks!  I hate doing plumbing. >:(

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2021, 07:28:37 PM »
-9 degrees here,  seems like a good time to fire up a sled and play spectator.  The space station makes for good entertainment some times. Very  cold out but still a perfect night!!

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=United_States&region=Wisconsin&city=Balsam_Lake#.YB9CI1VKiUl

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2021, 06:37:03 PM »
-2 for a high today and it takes a few extra chunks of wood to keep things warm. I think my wood pile is enough to finish the season but I might need to get a load or 2 before shutting her down for the season.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2021, 06:01:57 PM »
What a difference a few months can make!  Garden is in, the yard needs mowing and it's 97 F outside.  Oh my!!!  I hope we get some cools days, I have a bunch of firewood to cut.

mswyka

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2021, 08:36:58 AM »
Jet skis ready for the water
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440