Author Topic: Boogity boogity boogity, let's go racing.  (Read 15913 times)

Ameritude

Re: Boogity boogity boogity, let's go racing.
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2023, 02:15:53 PM »
After a quick "brush"

gixxer6

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2023, 04:52:40 PM »
Super cool!  Nice work!

Ameritude

« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2023, 02:48:02 AM »
Thankyou!
I have racing starting this coming weekend, tommorow the wiring will get finished and then by wendsday the sled will be complete. I am so excited to post pictures of every aspect of my dream and even more excited to race!! Keep an eye out folks

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2023, 08:37:16 PM »
Well will be rooting for you,  good luck!!!!

gixxer6

« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2023, 06:03:03 PM »
Good luck!  Let us know how you did. 

mswyka

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2023, 06:56:57 AM »
I want to see video!
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

Ameritude

« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2023, 09:26:07 AM »
Well, unfortunately the race was canceled due to the warm weather and the track being built on a lake. It was their first attempt at setting it up this year, a more invite only test and tune "race" I was looking foreward to it, but oh well. The sled is complete and sitting in my shop ready to be tuned so ill upload videos and pictures of that hopefully soon.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2023, 08:18:08 AM »
Now you have a bit of time to tweak the sled. ;)  30 and drizzle here.

Ameritude

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2023, 12:10:46 PM »
Success!!!!! I finally after 2 somthing years of failing, had wonderful success. Races were on the 29th and 30th and I was there. I raced 6 times over the weekend, 25 laps or about 8 miles of racing. The sled turns so so well and is very competitive, from egts im quite rich up top, but that was expected. My clutching is nearly dialed in and holds at 7800rpm (on the colder day, when the engine was running less rich, the clutch was at a higher rpm (7900) than the day before so when I get the sled a little leaner, I should be right at 8000-8100 rpm). The sled runs at about 155 water temp and 850-900 egts (want them to be 1000-1100)

Overall, very little broke on the sled this weekend, actually, nothing broke. However, on the first day, I was struggling to launch the sled and noticed that the rear end seemed a bit lower than it was supposed to, due to the timing between races though, I didn't have any time to fix it. Later that night l realized that the rear suspension was actually completely compressed, bound up somewhere. The next morning (-4 degrees) I got up early and did some rear suspension work, I was able to heat up some components and it popped back into its full travel. I also gave myself some more rear travel and put more track on the ground for traction. I thought that maybe because the sled was so low that the ice forming on the joints was locking it up. For the first race, I launched perfectly, i was headed into the second corner tied for second, but another rider crashed and a restart was called, the second launch was terrible, the same as the day before and I had to fight through the pack to get 4th overall, if I had been able to launch like I did for the first launch I would have placed very well. Coming back into the pits I realized that my rear suspension was completely collapsed again, but I didn't have enough time before my next final to fix it. Heading out to my next race I was planning on just making due with the problem because it was my last race of the weekend. However the sled had different plans. There is an entrance to the track before the track and as I was about to turn left onto the track, I lost steering. Thankfully this happened before I was heading into a corner at 70. Later I discovered that my lower bushing bolts had backed out, a simple fix and a reminder to bolt check and locktight. After much video watching I realized that I was actually riding on the lube tank for almost every race, due to the suspension being collapsed. I will be taking it apart this week but I have a feeling I know what's happening, ive read the the rear mono shock can become unusable after years, I have another one to swap on if this is the case.

Race standings:

Day 1
1st race 5th out of 6 (race 1 and 2, no cool down, back to back)
2nd race: 4th out of 7
3rd race: 3rd out of 4 advance to finals
Last chance qualifiers day 1:
4th race: 4th out of 6
5th race: 1st out of 3!!! Advanced to finals

Day 2 finals
1st race: 4th out of 9
2nd race: dnf

The next race is coming up soon and I'm excited to be very competitive

Ameritude

« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2023, 12:25:37 PM »
the ice wasn't the best this race weekend, but still thankful to all the race organizers.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2023, 11:46:54 AM »
Thanks for sharing!!

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2023, 09:55:02 PM »
What is next on the get ready to race agenda?

mswyka

« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2023, 05:02:06 PM »
I am still looking forward to the video :-)
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

Ameritude

« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2023, 10:46:44 PM »
Lucky for you, a race weekend video is underway lol. The only stuff I have to do to the sled for next race is put the steering back together, swap the rear shock and throw some smaller pilots in. I might drop the mains just a little to get a little more temp top end and maybe squeeze a couple more horses out of her. But really it's pretty dialed in at the moment

Ameritude

« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2023, 08:17:02 PM »
West coast championships here we come