Author Topic: 340 Invader (stumped)  (Read 2264 times)

Kasperwing1

Re: 340 Invader (stumped)
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2022, 05:08:18 PM »
Do you have a troubleshooting chart? My engine is inverted so it floods easily. I can spray starting fluid by taking off my air filter; I know you would have to remove the silencer. I'm also working on a starting issue. Today I found deep cracks in both sides of my carb boot. After just barely getting it to run two days ago, I noticed the fin wet with fuel below the intake manifold. I torqued my intake bolts to the max, but no change. I just did an air leak-down test a few months and held pressure for hours a few months ago before I installed the engine. Now I'm trying to get the part number for the boot. The rubber is old, and the carb has been off many times since and turning it in the boot for level.

Vader440

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2023, 03:43:41 PM »
This is what I have done so far. I disconnected the wiring harness from the engine to bypass the switch and safety switch. I wanted to take those completely out of the possibilities. Good spark and good compression on both cylinders. I started it but it would only run on one cylinder. This was an improvement at least because before it wouldn't even start it would just pop a little. I rechecked the spark and it was still good. I saw the spark plug was wet with fuel. I adjusted the float in that carburetor which was adjusted to high. I started it again and it seemed better but still not right. I noticed air bubbles in the primer lines bouncing all over the place, so I revved it up a couple times and the bubbles suddenly disappeared and at the same moment it cleared up and started running perfect. So, I think I had a couple things going on. First the float was out of adjustment, and I think the primer is bad allowing air to be sucked in. So, my plan of attack is to first replace the primer and then test the safety switch and ignition switch plug it all back in and see what happens. Right now, it's running very well although I didn't run it long. How are you coming along on your project?

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2023, 08:31:39 PM »
Good work!!