General Category > The Interceptor Gang

Restoration of #366

(1/5) > >>

gixxer6:
After around 10 years, I'm FINALLY getting back to working on #366.  I started this project years ago, drove from northern Michigan to eastern NY to pick up #366, tore it down, powder coated the bulk head and skis, riveted the tunnel back on, and it has sat since.  Other than collecting parts for it over the years I haven't worked on it.  Even though I have several other projects going, I've decided that I've just got to make time or I'll never get it done. 

I have the hood apart, decals removed, and off to the painter.  Should be back in around 3 weeks. 

mswyka:
Sounds like a fun project.

Interceptor398:
Always fun to see another interceptor with a chance to hit the trails again.  I had a guy email me about one he just got that has an un stamped tunnel.  I suggested he sign up here but so far he has not.

gixxer6:
OEM windshield is restored and ready to install on #366.  This is an OEM unit form an Invader.  The before pictures are after it had been washed all of the cloudiness was from sun and weather damage.  It had sat outside for several years before I got it and had to be resurfaced with a headlight repair kit on both sides of the windshield.  It turned out real nice with no broken tabs or cracks.  I used a new black decal kit. 

mswyka:
Wow.  That is  a labor of love right there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version