Author Topic: Limiter "strap/bump stop" for 1978 rear skids  (Read 2031 times)

Ameritude

Limiter "strap/bump stop" for 1978 rear skids
« on: October 06, 2022, 10:42:21 PM »
If everyone already knows about this then I guess this is redundant information, but I did not know about it. The 1978 sleds, do not have a limiter strap like the 79 and ups do, or so I thought. The pictures I included, show the adjustable bump stop on the suspension, that does the same as limiter strap. I put In a limiter strap because I dident know about this, but it sure would have been nice. (It sets the maximum droop of the front of the suspension, while still allowing for full clearancein the tunnel). For those who are curious why this is cool, for my application (oval racing), when you pull the front of the suspension up, it decreases the total track, contact, surface area and applies more pressure on the skis, allowing you to find the correct balance between traction and turning.

On a side note, I hope everyone is doing well and getting excited for snow, the forum has been pretty quiet lately and hopefully it starts to wake up again soon. Have a good one guys 👍

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: Limiter "strap/bump stop" for 1978 rear skids
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 09:41:06 AM »
Some say the 78 Invader wast just a bit faster but I have no proof of that.  Scraped the car windows this am for the first time this season.

gixxer6

Re: Limiter "strap/bump stop" for 1978 rear skids
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 06:46:44 PM »
Some say the 78 Invader wast just a bit faster but I have no proof of that.  Scraped the car windows this am for the first time this season.

The 78 had the lighter fiberglass hood, lighter = faster