General Category > General Discussion

First Outing for the Season

(1/4) > >>

mswyka:
First time out on the 1980 Invader this season!  After 43 years it still runs like a banshee.  And, as good as the 1990 JAG is, the Invader will still run circles around it.

Ameritude:
looks great!

Dandb7:
Very nice..!

Interceptor398:
Nice picture!  Looks like a great place to ride.

mswyka:
So the season is pretty close to the end here in New York.  I actually thought it had ended a few weeks ago and then we received a few healthy storms.  Yesterday I took the day off and drove into the snow to give the sleds some much needed exercise.

Temps were above freezing so the first one to come out was the 1979 Intruder.  After warming it up I pulled down the lake at 60+ through some deep, wet snow.  It was exhilarating until she started to lose power and would not maintain speed.  Power drop was so much that I was not sure that I would make it back to the barn.  On the packed trail she responded a little better, but just to be safe we put her away and pulled out the 1980 Invader which ran reliably for the remainder of the day.

Since it has been about 18 years since the last refresh, it is looking like the Intruder will need to come into the shop for a refresh when she gets back from camp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version