Author Topic: Just how good/ fast is an Invader or Interceptor?  (Read 3672 times)

doug440

Just how good/ fast is an Invader or Interceptor?
« on: January 11, 2013, 08:59:22 AM »
I am curious how these sleds compare to some newer stuff, like will ya catch anyone off guard with their performance? there are a good many vintage sleds around my area and know the Invader are top notch. i just wonder like some of the newer stuff will ya get a "holy Shite" outa some people? and of course not these new 900cc race sleds head to head stuff.

jimvw57

Re: Just how good/ fast is an Invader or Interceptor?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:26:38 AM »
very little chance of walking away from the latest technology sleds with 14+ inches of suspension travel. or the plastic skis and a 2 inch paddle track in deep snow, but on trails and hard packed snow, you can keep up with them, Here in Minnesota with the trail speeds limited to 55,  you can surprise a few people with what you got.

If you want all out performance, nothing beats a boatload of money and CC's.

doug440

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:38:13 AM »
ahh yes the old throw money and go big. :o lol run into that with my mitsubishi vr4 settle for still fast and reliable or replace the twin turbo's with bigger and go faster but then it's run,fix,and repeat.haha
agreed with the newer sleds that got massive power and all the technology an Invader is antiquated and left lacking. some of the more docile models tho may be quite surprised to look over and see a machine older than some still knockin on the door eh? ;D

gixxer6

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:57:09 AM »
With only a few minor clutch mods, my 81' 440 Invader would consistantly beat my dads 96 Polaris XLT 600 in a drag race.  We always raced on packed snow.  He upgraded to a 99' MXZ 670HO, and now my old Kaw doesn't even come close...  My son has an 02' MXZ600 and I can keep up fairly well up to 60 or 70.