Author Topic: Finally got to put some fuel through the sleds!  (Read 2924 times)

ChaChi

Finally got to put some fuel through the sleds!
« on: February 10, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »
The old Drifter and LTD have had about 2 tanks of gas through them in the last two days, and other then the LTD's belt deciding it had taken enough abuse, both sleds are running at 100%. Which is an awesome feeling after all the hard work and various issues this forum (the old forum mostly) has helped with.

Usually I don't tend to go very far from home base but this year we did a good 10 square mile ride, up and down the cliffs of the lake and through various portions of the snowmobile trails... I finally got the Kleihn carbs running spot on by turning in the needles half a turn, the LTD went from a fuel guzzling bog machine, to a rocket that didn't seem to eat fuel at all!

I got to float on some awesome drifts on both machines, about the only bad thing is I was having so much fun I only took one picture!

I hope other guys out there keeping the old iron alive have had some good riding snow!

Intrigued_440

Re: Finally got to put some fuel through the sleds!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 04:01:34 PM »
I had two full days of riding as well man. The invader 340 ran like a champ! The only problem is that its wearing my sliders pretty damn fast. I had just put them on in dec :(
My Sled's:
1980 Kawasaki Invader 340

Lloyd (ljm)

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »

I've put over 150 miles on sleds since Thursday, Newest sled is a 1981
77 SST
78 Intruder
79 340 Invader
80 440 Invader
80 Drifter (bought new)
80 LTD 4/6    X2

Several Deeres

ChaChi

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:10:12 PM »
Mine too newest is a 1981 shown in the picture!