Author Topic: 440 Liquid Cooled motors comparison  (Read 15106 times)

sprocket

Re: 440 Liquid Cooled motors comparison
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »
The 4/6 engine can reach over 100hp, most people when they port cylinders square things off & big porting which is not always the case, the most gain is your mid range power. A full mod engine Creates heat faster. I'm not sure what your rules all intend that you can do. The more I see here in ISR rules people push the envelope on the rules that are there. A racing track like 15x116R or 13.5x116R are very good racing tracks for ice, snow ovals you might want a deeper lug, the racing tracks have very good features a taller clip to hold your rails from derailing, a shorter lug & softer track that folds the wiper down so you have full ice pick penetration which means you can run less picks, these tracks also come alternating lug & they weigh 31lbs.
I talked with some of these guys that run cylinder reed what they tell me is quicker throttle response what they also are saying they use different ignition & the list goes on.
I took something that's available & not hard to find that was the best advise I got from a old friend of mine. If you ask anyone that raced against me I was testing different products at every race & at testing, I can tell you what worked for me but it might not work for you.
A engine builder told me once if you over port it the piston falls in so you have to try things at one time I had 4 totes of stuff that I tried can you say lots of money ?. There are things like clutching for an example you can spend a lot of money our rules state any clutch.
Figure out how big the track is length, banked or flat, then you can gear it the way you need it along with clutching, traction, steering, cooling.
Go on line and check out wahlracing.com to see what interests you very helpful people.
Remember racing is not cheap & make sure you wear the safety gear, I was told after I got hurt that some of the guys said it's recommended to wear a hockey girdle to protect you something I wish I would've had on

wildwolf

Re: 440 Liquid Cooled motors comparison
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 12:18:35 PM »
Thanks,  and I will wear the gear.  ;)