Author Topic: How Are Everyones Projects Coming Along?  (Read 1877 times)

Metalman

How Are Everyones Projects Coming Along?
« on: November 25, 2013, 08:57:39 AM »
I have the 79 Intruder all maintained and ready to go! I finally got the bad low end bog out of it, not sure what the real culprit was. When I got this sled it wasn't running so I tore it down and put it back together the way it came apart. As it turns out the carbs were reversed. I put a oem fuel pump on I got off Ebay, put carbs on from a different Intruder and made sure they were on the correct sides, all new fuel lines and pulse line. Idles nice at 3000 RPM and NO LOW END BOG!  :) :)

How much are these supposed to smoke at idle?  :)

Now to move on to the Invader, I have four days off and nothing planned over Thanksgiving, only have to put on the new track and see if it stays running or stalls and get that issue figured out.

I hope everyone's projects are moving along as planned and thanks again for all the help and knowledge people on this site provide!

jimvw57

Re: How Are Everyones Projects Coming Along?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:56:53 AM »
Glad you got it working.. You did grease the front and rear cross shafts right??  and lubed the steering shaft under the motor while it was out...  Just a few things I learned the hard way....

Hopefully I will get to the 4/6 this week/weekend to add fuel and adjust the carbs. took the fuel pump and carbs off for some heavy duty cleaning as well as new fuel lines. It wasn't starting too well last year and one carb would leak occasionally. It was time.