Author Topic: Plastic Ski's  (Read 6553 times)

jimvw57

Plastic Ski's
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:16:06 AM »
http://vintagesleds.com/bs/index.php/topic,73384.0.html

Been watching this on another forum. I will probably wait a bit and see how they work out before pulling the trigger, but this does look promising...

ChaChi

Re: Plastic Ski's
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:29:24 AM »
I love the idea of plastic skis!

Several years ago I started to skin all my metal kawi skis with a 8 inch wide black skin made for a 1991 artic cat eltigre 550... The skin is held on both by the runner and a cadium coated metal strap around the front loop on the ski...

I have some pictures to post for another thread and I will take a shot of those also... I like them because they help keep paint on the bottom of metal skis and make them last forever, they're quite cheap and also because of their width they help both my kawi's float even better then they did before!

ChaChi

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
Not the best pictures but you get the idea! I do think if anyone were to make plastic skis... If you do deep snow riding like I do, 8 inchs wide is the way to go!

Invader440

• Up Norte Dere in Fosston, Mn
    • Curt's Snowmobiling Page
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »
Matt from the JDsleds site has plastic ski's for the 80 & up Liquifires and from what I remember he had made a post on the old board before it went down about using them on an Invader.

jimvw57

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 06:33:36 AM »
The ones I linked to are about 1/2 the price at $145.