Author Topic: A promising start.....  (Read 5805 times)

jimvw57

A promising start.....
« on: November 23, 2012, 06:38:30 AM »
Driving up to the cities on Thanksgiving, we went from a sunny 63 degrees to a cloudy 44 degrees in less than 3 miles, then rain, then snow. driving home we saw no sign of the event around home.

This morning I woke up to snow on the ground and more on the way. Not enough to cover the grass but with the colder temps, this might be a good year.  There is enough on the roads to spin the tires on the GMC (ice underneath)

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: A promising start.....
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 08:27:28 AM »
On Thanksgiving day afternoon I was cutting wood and deer hunting with my father in law wearing a t shirt. By dark it was snowing and blowing so hard I could bearly see to drive. Saturday moring I woke up in a pop up tent camper that the LP had run empty on.  It was THREE degrees and we saw no deer!!

PorcupineTim

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
We have snow on the ground up here in Timmins Ont., about 3 to 4 inches in the field.  Seen some older sleds running in the fields, kids out havin' fun.  Snow came last year at this time and stayed so hopefully it's a repeat performance.

Yup, promising start.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

jimvw57

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:57:35 AM »
yeah, last year we got about 4 inches total all winter!! hardly enough on the ground to bother with taking the sleds out. I ended up draining the gas I put in the sleds as they sat all winter.