Author Topic: Snowmobiling in July  (Read 2336 times)

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
Snowmobiling in July
« on: February 12, 2015, 06:24:28 PM »
Ha, Ha!   I knew I'd get some views on this post!!  So, we now have officially received almost four feet of snow in Feb.  The groomers can barely keep up...  and now 18-24"  MORE inches Sat/Sun.  The snow banks in our driveway are almost six feet tall already.  I have no idea where this new white stuff is gonna go.  If my snow blower would blow it far enough I'd spread the wealth to you guys.  Yikes.  I haven't seen a winter like this in a LONG time.
Torys Vintage Sleds

Joel

Re: Snowmobiling in July
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:42:57 PM »
So Tory are you getting any chance to ride, or are to  glued to the snowblower and shovel? Joel
79 Drifter 440, 79 Invader 440,82 Intruder,81 LTD, 82 LTD x2, 82 GT Prototype,82 Interceptor #519

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »
We had one like that last winter, lots of snow and the cold lasted into April.  This year the ground is barely white.

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 06:56:56 AM »
They have already cancelled two "big" events recently because of "TOO MUCH SNOW". 

Seriously??  In Jan we had no snow and we were worried about moving sleds around at our vintage show on gravel.

I am entering the One lunger 100 in a few weeks with my 1972 Gilson!  I hope that one happens!

Good thing about having too many sleds...   if I forget to pick up fuel for the snow blower I can just siphon some out of one of the sleds!  I never bought gas for the lawnmower last year...  just kept draining gas from sleds!  LOL.
Torys Vintage Sleds

Boomologist

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 11:36:36 AM »
On the 1st day of June a few years ago there was still enough snow on the mountain tops that we rode. It was more like "slushmobiling" instead of snowmobiling. Polished the ski bottoms on exposed dirt but had a great time. Sledding without a shirt and in shorts.