Author Topic: Considering selling out whats left of my collection after 25+ years.  (Read 4742 times)

Interceptor 498

I posted this a while back but have decided to put back on the market,I have sold the other sleds and some of my nos parts and have these two left.Ok guys I am seriously thinking of selling my ceptor # 498 which I have had for over 25 years, 1700 original miles,for the most part all original .No rips tears dents or dings original paint,decals,seat with the Kawasaki emblem still in tack,track ,ect.motor has been gone through,a few years back.Has 38 mikunis fron Bob at Image .Still Have original carbs to go with.Runs Perfect has always been stored in heated garage. Anything that has ever shown wear has always been replaced NOS.No rust on sled anywhere even skid springs still have original silver paint on them.I also have new pistons,rings,complete gasket kit to go with plus some other NOS parts.Now the Bad- Belly pan is busted but no damage to any other part of sled.Just didn't want to replace with fiberglass. And the original windshield is cracked but will go with machine.Has a smoked heavy lexan shield from Bob at Image not a cheap one. Sled #2 Is my 81 Invader 2300 original miles,This machine is all Origonal and in almost perfect shape,Runs perfect and  same as ceptor all original including perfect seat.The only Bad on Machine is scuff on top back corner of hood which is covered with touch up paint. And I will include New NOS pistons,ring,and NOS gasket kit with this machine also even though it does not need them.    .I know I am forgetting Things on  sleds as far as new parts.They have all been stored inside heated shop And very well taken care of. So with all that said Don't bother me with some low ball price I do not have to sell machines and will not let them go for nothing.I have been collecting,rebuilding,and riding Kawis for 30 years and at one time or another have owned at least one of every one and year they ever made.I am not looking to try to get some unreasonable price or sell to someone that is going to Trash these sleds I am looking to sell these to someone that is going to take care of these the way they should be and the way they have been for a fair price.Feel free to message me if you are a serious buyer and I will give you my number to call. As for the PRICE,I have not totally decided what I have to get out of each I have an Idea what the market is at this time so make me an offer and we can talk. once I get the out and dusted off and post more pics in detail I will set my bottom dollar plus am waiting to talk with a couple old friends that are serious collectors about what they feel they are worth.As I said before Feel free to message and we can talk I always have time to talk about KAWIS but don't try to low ball I will put them back on the shelf before I give them away. Thank TIM> 217-825-7058
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:05:23 AM by Interceptor 498 »

Interceptor 498

Re: Considering selling out whats left of my collection after 25+ years.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:03:50 AM »
Have decided to put last 2 sleds up for sale again. 217-825-7058
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:20:19 PM by Interceptor 498 »

Interceptor 498

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 05:38:19 AM »
pics of invader $1200.00
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:40:54 AM by Interceptor 498 »

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:43:17 PM »
I met a guy looking for an Interceptor at Waconia this weekend, maybe he will look for you???

Interceptor 498

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 10:49:13 PM »
$4000.00 or best reasonable offer.If less than 4000.00 I will not include extra set of new pistons, NOS rings,NOS wrist pins, wrist pin bearings, complete NOS gasket/seal kit with copper head gaskets.Also original service and parts manual not copies.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:00:45 PM by Interceptor 498 »

Interceptor 498

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 05:45:06 PM »
#498 has sold after all these years.Sad to see it go but it was time, for the last 8 years or so it did nothing more than sit on a shelf in garage.had a lot of sentimental value but it should be out where people can see it.Still have some kawi stuff and nos stuff left will be posting it for sale soon.

Joel

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 06:23:21 PM »
Very nice looking sled.
79 Drifter 440, 79 Invader 440,82 Intruder,81 LTD, 82 LTD x2, 82 GT Prototype,82 Interceptor #519

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 07:54:11 AM »
Sad to see them go but you hope they get good homes.