Author Topic: Kawasaki charity build.  (Read 43619 times)

rminier

Kawasaki charity build.
« on: March 03, 2016, 02:48:31 PM »
http://vintagesleds.com/bs/index.php/topic,257969.0.html

I wanted all of us Kawasakitrax folks to be aware of this for next winter's Waconia vintage show.
 Waconia's featured vintage sleds next year are SnoJet and Kawasaki.
 I'm trying to decide if I should try to attend....9 hour drive for me (in good weather) according to google maps....but may be a once in a lifetime chance. 8)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:10:26 AM by rminier »
75 SnoJet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670....and holding...for now.

gixxer6

Re: Kawaski charity build.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:40:37 AM »
It's an 11+ hour trip for me  :-\, but would be a good excuse to FINALLY finish my Interceptor...

jimvw57

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:58:27 AM »
The Waconia Show has been going on for a long time and is something that should be experienced. Huge swap meet, and the trail ride is amazing! They usually have around 800 sleds all cruising around the lake. The show itself (on sunday) is well laid out and attracts a lot of different sleds, some that are quite rare, The loud sled contest is also quite fun!!
They do an exquisite job with lots of helpers around I would say it is worth the trip! but I have been attending since about the second year, with an occasional year off when things don't work out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYEv0g9wqNY&feature=youtu.be
Interesting way to look at the trail ride and area...

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
I have not been there the last 3 years but am planning on going for this one.  If they need a little help with the build hopefully they will check in over here.

sprocket

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 11:19:53 AM »
I tried to log in to VS but been kicked back oh well told winter thunder I could donate the 340 Pistons & rings I have a set of OEM.
As far as Waconia I've been going off/on since they started. Full display inside starting Friday night for the opening ceremony through Sunday quite a few people show up.  Saturday they normally have dragracing, trail ride, pork chops,  silent auction, swap meet & a list of other things. Sunday is the show, swap, oval racing. There is quite bit to do all weekend if you get bored there is something wrong.

kawhead

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 03:44:56 PM »
any plans? I'm good for a harder to find part....

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: Kawasaki charity build.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 06:22:35 AM »
If your looking for Kawasaki parts going to the Kawasaki guys would be the thing to do. All they need to do is sign in and ask.

kawhead

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 05:19:33 PM »
I ment    I will donate a nos dash or skies,etc...good cause....

BornagianKawi

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 07:36:26 AM »
Tip of the cap to all donations and offers, I"am writing it all down and will be passed on to who does rebuild. Thank You. Yes, it may seem like a bit of a travel for some, but experience and memories will always be. And the parts from the swap meet. KawiDog

rminier

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 03:42:08 PM »
 Good to know now who "KawiDog" is on the other website. I figured they wouldn't have asked for your help unless you knew Kawis. 8)
 I'm seriously thinking about making the trip next year. We sure didn't get enough snow this winter around my neck of the woods to get in hardly any riding.
 I only have a 2 place trailer, and think one of my three sons could get free to go with me. Although....I have a whole year to prepare...perhaps I could borrow a 4 place trailer if more than 2 of us could make the trip.
 What would be ideal would be to head up Wednesday and stay somewhere an hour or so South of Waconia. I will have to research the trails in that area....that way we could ride Thurs. and Friday, then travel to Waconia Fri. nite.
 I suppose lodging near Waconia is just packed during the weekend of the show.
 gixxer6...get that Interceptor ready!! I'm not a huge fan of Nike, but you know their motto...."Just Do It"! ;D ;)
75 SnoJet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670....and holding...for now.

BornagianKawi

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 05:40:30 PM »
Thank You for the vote of confidence on knowledge of Kawi"s, I'm certainly no expert nor claim to be. That is why I have all of you and lots of manuals. I live near Red Wing, Minn. area on Wisc. side of river. Witch puts me about 1 1/2 hrs. from Waconia. JimVW would be the one to hit up for lodging. Trails are great on both sides, with snow. Did not have much snow here ether.

sprocket

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 06:46:49 AM »
So where do you want those parts sent too ?

gixxer6

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 07:06:09 AM »
Who is doing the build?  If they would post a list of parts needed, I could donate some parts as well.  I'm sure others would step up too...

BornagianKawi

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 04:12:48 PM »
On Vintage Sleds, Bull sessions,24/7 2017 Kawasaki Cancer Build, there is a list of parts needed. I"am sure other parts maybe needed as build takes place. And no one has stepped up for the build yet. I did donate the sled, but my shop is booked for now. I"am working with Mayo Clinic Development on this. This is new to me, any hints or guidance I would be very thankful for.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »
Anyone who is serious about coming to Waconia for more than the day needs to be looking for lodging now.  As far as the sled if I could get my hands on the suspension I would be willing to make it "purty" again.