Author Topic: Braapfest 2017, February 23, 24, 25  (Read 2487 times)

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Braapfest 2017, February 23, 24, 25
« on: February 07, 2017, 07:27:43 AM »
Music is all set for Braapfest '17.
Thursday Feb 23    8PM      Kyle Mertz       ( pretty mellow dude with a guitar)
Friday      Feb 24    8PM      ToneHawks     ( old school rock. Plays some pretty cool zeplin)
Sat          Feb 25    8PM       Bad Dawg       ( been here many Braaps. They rock)

As always, I try to mix things up for Braap every year. Whats new this year:

CVSCC crew will be in charge of racing Sat afternoon on the lake.
Working on getting a speed trap setup for the drag strip.
3 nights of live music
Live DJ and PA system on the lake Saturday - Races and lineups will be announced - music in between
Adding food on the lake Sat. We are looking to put up a large beer/food tent for the event. Thinking adding a commercial deep fryer & BBQ grill on the lake for fresh cheese curds and more....
Due to everyone stealing (lol) all the Braapfest banners at the end of the event, and due to all the requests, we will be offering (at our cost) limited addition Braapfest garage banners for sale during the week. everyone seems to want a Braap banner in there shop.
I am organizing more/longer vintage rides throughout the week. I will post a schedule in a few weeks. I wish to provide more info regarding what is going on. It will be your choice what you wish to do.
Thinking about a Friday night race????? Braapfest CC20   ( Braapfest Cross Country 20 mile) 4-6 laps around the shoreline of the lake ( I will need to measure it). Sleds would have to have a light (after dark), and I would have 2-3 very basic classes. the race would be limited to pre-1980 sleds or something like that. Looking to have a simple 30 minute race.
Working on lots more, but that is where we are at so far.

Interceptor398

• Administrator