Author Topic: Track Conversion  (Read 2327 times)

Rsfry1

Track Conversion
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:25:30 AM »
New to the forum - just picked up a 1978 Intriguer that my daughter and I are restoring.  Track is shot as is the drive sprocket assembly.  Found a shaft any MAY be able to save the drive sprockets, but considering whether to change to a 120 track.   i have a practically new 15 X 120 2.82 pitch track that came off of a 2011 Doo.  We know we would need to extend the tunnel but the back end of the tunnel is rotted with corrosion so will be cutting and fabricating anyway.  Also would need to change the drive sprockets, and fabricate a 2 inch rail extension.  Also concerned how long will be able to find 116 tracks in the future .....

Questions:

Will a 8 tooth 2.82 drive sprocket and track (3/4 lug) fit without rubbing up against the tunnel (sled is completely dissassembled so difficult to measure)?
Does anyone know a source for new/serviceable 2.52 sprockets?  The only used units I have seen either do not look like a match, have shot sprockets which I already have, or have sprockets that look like the are on a very rusted shaft - I still can not get mine off the shaft).
Any other suggestions, ideas, or comments.

Appreciate the help!