Author Topic: Crankshaft/Oil seal part numbers and/or dimensions  (Read 2763 times)

dgundlz

Crankshaft/Oil seal part numbers and/or dimensions
« on: January 23, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »
Hello,

I'm relatively new here... and have a basic question.

I am in the middle of tuning up a couple Kawasaki snowmobile engines, TA440C, from a 1981 Intruder/Drifter, and need to replace the crank/oil seals. The original part numbers, from the 1981 parts catalog, are as follows:

RH (magneto) Crank Seal 92050-507 (alt: TCY306210)
LH (PTO) Crank Seal 92049-3003 (alt: Y427210)
LH (PTO) Oil Seal 92049-3002 (alt: TB 35508)

I've called around to several places, and searched the internet, but am unable to find replacement seals from this information. One place said they can help me if I had metric dimensions for each seal (width, inner/outer diameter), but I would need to pull the engine first, for that. I haven't pulled it yet, though, and didn't really want to until I have all the parts ready -- so I could simply make a weekend of the project.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had part numbers for these seals, from a reputable aftermarket parts manufacturer, or even an OEM source -- I think that Winderosa makes teflon coated seals, for longevity, which is what I would prefer...

Thanks for your help.

gixxer6

Re: Crankshaft/Oil seal part numbers and/or dimensions
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 01:35:08 PM »
Dennis Kirks website: 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:37:43 PM by gixxer6 »

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 01:59:43 PM »
Hello,

I'm relatively new here... and have a basic question.

I am in the middle of tuning up a couple Kawasaki snowmobile engines, TA440C, from a 1981 Intruder/Drifter, and need to replace the crank/oil seals. The original part numbers, from the 1981 parts catalog, are as follows:

RH (magneto) Crank Seal 92050-507 (alt: TCY306210)
LH (PTO) Crank Seal 92049-3003 (alt: Y427210)
LH (PTO) Oil Seal 92049-3002 (alt: TB 35508)

I've called around to several places, and searched the internet, but am unable to find replacement seals from this information. One place said they can help me if I had metric dimensions for each seal (width, inner/outer diameter), but I would need to pull the engine first, for that. I haven't pulled it yet, though, and didn't really want to until I have all the parts ready -- so I could simply make a weekend of the project.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had part numbers for these seals, from a reputable aftermarket parts manufacturer, or even an OEM source -- I think that Winderosa makes teflon coated seals, for longevity, which is what I would prefer...

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the site!!!  You came to the right place for help with these sleds.

dgundlz

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:42:05 PM »
gixxer6,

Dennis Kirks website: 

Thanks for pointing that out -- yes, I saw that, but comparing the pics of the seals on DK with the pics of NOS OEM parts I see on eBay, a couple of them on DK don't quite look right. But, if those are the seals that you all are using, and if you're vouching for them as quality seals, then that is what I will go with.

Thanks!

Lloyd (ljm)

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:14:11 PM »

Go to  https://www.newbreedparts.com/newbreed/

Matt is a member here. He has both Deere and Kawasaki sleds. Great guy to deal with.
77 SST
78 Intruder
79 340 Invader
80 440 Invader
80 Drifter (bought new)
80 LTD 4/6    X2

Several Deeres