Author Topic: Engine lugs after warm  (Read 3219 times)

in79vader

Engine lugs after warm
« on: February 10, 2018, 07:08:01 PM »
Hello All.  I'm new to the forum and excited to get some help getting my 79 invader back in good order.  A problem I'm experiencing is the engine starts easy, idles fine and you can ride for awhile with no issues.  However, after 10-15 minutes (once things seem to be warmed up) you won't be able to move the track after you come to a stop.  It seems like either the engine is bogging down or the drive clutch won't engage (opening the hood I can see the drive clutch start to close up but not enough to move the belt).  Once it cools down you can start it back up and repeat the cycle. Looking for some guidance as to where to start.  Thanks.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: Engine lugs after warm
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 07:21:13 PM »
Welcome to the site!!  Have you checked all the fluids? What are the snow conditions?  I've had the track stick to the sliders due to poor snow conditions.

in79vader

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 07:35:57 PM »
Hi and thanks for the welcome.  Fluids look good.  The snow is pretty powdery and about a foot deep.  About 15 degrees.  The suspension seems to ride low and get stuck low, and I've read about checking the cross tube to make sure it is not bent, but I still need to do that. It seems feasible that the track could be sticking to the sliders, what did you do to address that?  After posting my first message I recalled this same problem happening when I was traveling down a paved road back to my home (little snow cover) and the sled just came to a stop.  Same temporary solution, I waited for 10 minutes then started it back up and got home.  Thanks for your help.

in79vader

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 10:30:05 PM »
Following up on this issue.  Problem solved by rebuilding the carbs.  No more lugging and overall improved engine performance.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 07:25:45 AM »
 ;D