Author Topic: Kawi Invader Sliders  (Read 2741 times)

Intrigued_440

Kawi Invader Sliders
« on: December 25, 2012, 01:19:25 AM »
Just wondering how you guys make the bend on the end piece where the screws go in. I don't want to break the sliders after i payed $54 for two! Much help would be appreciated. Supposed to be expecting a good amount of snow by Wednesday/Thursday would love to get the sled going!
My Sled's:
1980 Kawasaki Invader 340

Invader440

• Up Norte Dere in Fosston, Mn
    • Curt's Snowmobiling Page
Re: Kawi Invader Sliders
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 11:21:14 AM »
Liberal spraying of WD40 is what I've always used.  Plus I never put them on in the cold.

ChaChi

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »
I like to run a hot bath leave them in for 20 mins, get a helper... Tap with dead blow hammer or a regular hammer and block of wood... any bit of lube on the aluminum skid helps even veggie oil or dish soap works.

Make sure they are going on straight, when they are good and warm it's easy to wreck them by tapping them off course which chews through the side of them... Take ur time and don't be afraid to give it a good wack.... Some of the aftermarket hyfax aren't exactly perfect, so it will likely require a bit of swearing!

I am praying for sno for us man! and I don't pray, lol

Intrigued_440

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »
I like to run a hot bath leave them in for 20 mins, get a helper... Tap with dead blow hammer or a regular hammer and block of wood... any bit of lube on the aluminum skid helps even veggie oil or dish soap works.

Make sure they are going on straight, when they are good and warm it's easy to wreck them by tapping them off course which chews through the side of them... Take ur time and don't be afraid to give it a good wack.... Some of the aftermarket hyfax aren't exactly perfect, so it will likely require a bit of swearing!

I am praying for sno for us man! and I don't pray, lol
Well I prayed and we got snow! How much snow ya got?
My Sled's:
1980 Kawasaki Invader 340