Author Topic: Looking for some Helmet Advice  (Read 3087 times)

mswyka

Looking for some Helmet Advice
« on: March 09, 2018, 06:06:59 PM »
Good evening.  Like many on this site I have been around snowmobiles and have had two-stroke in my blood for multiple decades.  This year I found myself tearing across the farm on a couple of single digit days and after thawing out my chin decided to hang up my open face helmet and buy a full-face helmet.  I like the look and feel of the new helmet however I am having a problem with my glasses fogging.  I don't seem to have any trouble  with the face shield fogging, just my glasses.

I am looking for suggestions from other near sighted folks who may have licked this problem already.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:56:12 PM by mswyka »
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

gixxer6

Re: Looking for some Helmet Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 05:54:54 AM »
I don’t wear glasses, but my dad does and he tried several helmets to keep them from fogging.  The only one that would work is the BRP modular helmet. 

After he got on he raved about it, so I got one as well.  They are an amazing helmet.  They never fog, and will only ice up when it gets down below -5F plugging in the electric shield at that point takes care of the icing. 

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 07:08:03 AM »
I have the same issue when I wear my glasses.  I tend to not wear them when riding sleds.

kawhead

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 08:28:43 AM »
glasses suck, had them since I was 5.....I hate to ask what a brp helmet costs, may try one

gixxer6

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 09:09:11 AM »
They aren’t cheap, but work extremely well.  If you do much riding they are worth the investment. 

moz_21

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 02:44:34 PM »
These are "Ski Doo" helmets, correct? Versions 1, 2, 3. I see a couple by Can-AM also but appear to be motorcycle. I'm going to look into one myself. I've had glasses forever and CONSTANTLY fog up. I can get by for awhile by leaving my visor cracked open, but then they eventually frost over. It really affects the enjoyment factor because I either cannot see or my face is frozen...

gixxer6

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 05:29:40 PM »
Yes, Ski Doo

mswyka

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 05:02:20 PM »
I have the same issue when I wear my glasses.  I tend to not wear them when riding sleds.

I was a little worried at first thinking of someone not using glasses to drive.  But I did try this approach and at least in my daylight test it worked very well.  I have yet to try this at night

I can also use goggles with my helmet and glasses and goggles seem to work ok to avoid fogging of the glasses.
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

moz_21

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 11:48:09 PM »

I was a little worried at first thinking of someone not using glasses to drive.  But I did try this approach and at least in my daylight test it worked very well.  I have yet to try this at night

I can also use goggles with my helmet and glasses and goggles seem to work ok to avoid fogging of the glasses.

I'm blind as a bat so glasses are a requirement for me. My brother had just mentioned googles to me, that's what he's been using. Granted his goggles are like $150.... I'd be inclined to just get a nice helmet. But he does ATV's and stuff also.