Author Topic: Best Snow of the Season  (Read 1603 times)

mswyka

Best Snow of the Season
« on: March 10, 2018, 08:07:34 AM »
We had our best snowfall of the season this past Wednesday as Quinn left its white powdery trail across New York  State.  This morning gave me an excellent opportunity to take each of the sleds out for a spin around the farm.  It was the first time out for the green sled and while I cannot yet say that it is our best running sled, I can certainly say that it did everything that I asked it to do and is definitely not  our worst running sled of the pack.

In the stillness of the morning I had the chance to listen to the song the sleds sing.  One after the other, a song I love to hear, each singing its own unique rendition.  One tenor, one alto, one soprano and every so often those amazing descant notes that send little shivers down the back.  Truly it is the best snow of the season.
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

kawhead

Re: Best Snow of the Season
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:26:46 AM »
those kind of days make all the work worth it  :]....couple of sundays ago my 5 year old grandson on his kitty cat and me on an invader made a little track around the yard, I put on 8 miles and spent some time parked to cool off, he ran the kitty out of gas twice!makes it all worthwhile

Joel

Re: Best Snow of the Season
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:47:14 AM »
This is so awesome! Good to here you got some seat time.
79 Drifter 440, 79 Invader 440,82 Intruder,81 LTD, 82 LTD x2, 82 GT Prototype,82 Interceptor #519