Author Topic: What I would like to do differently  (Read 1607 times)

mswyka

What I would like to do differently
« on: February 14, 2019, 04:57:07 PM »
I am in agreement with most, if not all, that these Kawasaki sleds are exquisitely designed.  However, there is one item of repair/maintenance that, given the opportunity, I would do differently.  And last night I had to do it again - change a primer.  These primers do not seem to last.  Or maybe they do last acceptably and we just have so many of them that the changes seem more frequent than they really are.  But, without disassembling the sled, they can be a bear to change.
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

gixxer6

Re: What I would like to do differently
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 08:24:39 AM »
I got close to 10 years out of my last primer.  I always get OEM Ski Doo primers that have those magic words molded on the button "Made in the USA".  They are considerably more expensive, but as difficult as they are to change it's worth the extra cost. 

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: What I would like to do differently
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 08:57:09 AM »
I agree, these primer are unreliable and a bugger to change.  I test them before I put them in, I've bad ones right out of the package. They can cause a sled to run bad due to air getting into the gas lines and be hard to figure out. Some sleds I have just put a pin in the line to plug off the plunger system.  I will need to look into the Ski doo ones next time.