Author Topic: Hi, new here  (Read 6721 times)

PorcupineTim

Hi, new here
« on: October 24, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »
Hey guys, Tim here.  Nice site!

Back in grade 8, I seen an ad in a snowmobile mag for an Invader and since then always wanted one.  Life being what it is, other things occupied me and it never really happened. 

The new sleds out there remind me of a reject from a b grade science fiction movie.  Outstanding power and technology, but big and heavy and complicated.  Was thinking about the old Invaders for a while now and had set out to find a nice one.  Not many around and usually really rough and/or very far away in S. Ont. 

After a couple of let downs, I was out on an errand here in my home town and on a dark and rainy gloomy nite on a street I haven't been on in probably a year, ...........this

It's mine, beyter pics coming on a better, nicer day.  A rather good day I should think.

Anyway, all for now,
Tim
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:12:56 PM by PorcupineTim »
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

80 Kawi

Re: Hi, new here
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:23:09 AM »
Hi Tim, welcome aboard! Its good to see some more Canadian content..enjoy your ride, people here are very helpful and lots of good advice. Paul  Caledon On.
         ps. a buddy of mine recently moved to Timmins. Pm me and maybe ride with him.

gixxer6

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:08:20 AM »
Welcome to the site!  Nice looking Invader! 

PorcupineTim

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:54:30 PM »
Thanks guys!

The latest from the weather network. . . . 4 to 6 inches coming Monday, another 2 to 4 for Tuesday.  Looks like we won't have to wait long ;D

Cheers!

907man

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:53:09 PM »
Very nice Invader!  Watch out for bad crankseals, they go bad after time and lots of that has past.  Hope you get all that snow and more.  We are 18 inches under our normal snowfall so far in Anchorage Alaska. 

mswyka

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »
Nice find.  I concur, if you don't know the history, pull the engine, tear it down, inspect everything and at a bare minimum replace the seals.  Most of our sleds did not run when we acquired them, so it became SOP for the non-running sleds to tear them down and give them fresh seals and pistons.  Now we are doing that with the sleds that run when we acquire them because usually in the first season the seals give out.  Tearing them down gives you a good opportunity to check the condition of the jugs, give everything a good cleaning and know when you fire it up for that first time that it should run and run properly.
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

PorcupineTim

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »
Yup, all seals, gaskets done last year by previous owner as well as pistons and rings.  It runs well

I have to install new brake pads, does anyone know how hard that it?  I don't have the manual.

About acm on the ground now but now into the heart of winter and all will be snow from now on.

Out for nightshift tonight at the mine.  It will be a lot warmer on 2400 level than up here on surface.  -15c tonight.

Cheers, Tim

79Intruder

• Stripping down 79 Intruder
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
The brake pads are not that hard to change.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:45:41 AM by Trucker »

Trucker

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »
The brake pads are not that hard to change.
I deleted your link because that site is in copyright violation and i will not have links to it on this site.