Author Topic: Invader Part#'s The Same??  (Read 3377 times)

ltdman

Invader Part#'s The Same??
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:06:32 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the part#'s are the same for the rear storage box and for the lid  on  the following sleds. Will they interchange? I have a part# book on the LTD. Thanks. Appreciate any info. :)

1980 Invader 440

1980 Invader 440 LTD 4/6>storage box>39012-3501
                                                                                                                                                                                    >lid>14025-3502

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: Invader Part#'s The Same??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 04:23:20 PM »
All Invaders and Intruders used the same trunk lid including the 4/6.  I have an 80 drifter that also uses the same lid as the Invaders and Intruders. The 81 & 82 LTD's have a different trunk lid but my 81 drifter has the same lid as the LTD's.  There are many of them out there,  fi you keep looking you will find one that is resonably priced.

ltdman

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:21:57 PM »
Interceptor398...thanks for the great information in regards to the Invader trunk issue, This will make searching a whole lot easier. Kind of thought maybe the Intruders would interchange, but was in doubt that a Drifter would also work. Your mentioning lids, but is the box its self the same on all these different models? Thanks again and safe sledding.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:04:50 PM »
I would assume the lid matches the box.

kawhead

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 08:05:32 AM »
81 82 ltd's use a square heat exchanger like the 550's,so that box is different

jimvw57

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 10:09:10 AM »
Invader door goes around the tail light, LTD and 81 on has light in the door.

ltdman

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 04:23:39 AM »
Apparently 1980 LTD's were the last year for having the lid around the tail light, because that's how mine is. They must have been in the class with the regular Invaders along with the Intruders and Drifters. Looks like the 81-82 changed design for rear trunk storage...Correct me guys if I'm wrong. Any of you have a nice storage box laying around to fit my 80 LTD?  Thanks again.

jimvw57

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 11:39:23 AM »
The storage box is part of the seat base.

gixxer6

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 06:51:26 PM »
The storage box is riveted to the seat base, it is not one piece.  At least on the Invaders and the 4/6...