Author Topic: Invader Chain Case Lubricant  (Read 2834 times)

ltdman

Invader Chain Case Lubricant
« on: March 06, 2014, 09:26:33 AM »
Just pulled the chain case cover to change oil on my Invader 4/6. The manual suggests ATF Dexron II fluid. What I drained out sure wasn't red like ATF should be  Will light oil do any harm over ATF fluid? I believe in using what the manufacture suggests. Give me your thoughts Kawy guys.

jimvw57

Re: Invader Chain Case Lubricant
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:39:49 AM »
light oil shouldn't have hurt anything, at least there was something in there (other than water) ATF will flow in colder temps than oil and is easier to find than some exotic oil.

Lloyd (ljm)

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:34:04 AM »
Any oil is better than no oil.

ATF Is what I use mostly.
77 SST
78 Intruder
79 340 Invader
80 440 Invader
80 Drifter (bought new)
80 LTD 4/6    X2

Several Deeres

ltdman

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:07:10 PM »
Cleaned up the chain case cover, wiped down the seal good and put it back together. Added the ATF to the correct level on the sight glass. Adding the fluid can be a real pain, watching the window with a 2"x 2" mirror held by a pair of needle nose pliers. For any of you guys changing the fluid, I measured it while putting it in. 5.0 fluid oz's.(give or take a tad) Thought maybe that would be helpful to keep with your service records. :) Can't wait to get the ol" Vader 4/6  back out in the snow :). Thanks fellows for all the great advice.>>>>> Happy sledding!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:50:48 PM by ltdman »