Author Topic: need help with invader 440 clutching  (Read 11231 times)

gixxer6

Re: need help with invader 440 clutching
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 04:33:31 PM »
I don't know the exact weight.  Start with the stock bolt with three thick washers on each and adjust until it will pull 7900 to 8000 max rpm. 

These sleds didn't bog when new.  Get it running 100% correct in stock from before modifying.  Otherwise it's just a bandaid that will mask the true issue and it will never perform as well as it could.  That being said, these old high performance piston port 440s are definitely lacking low end power and if you want to race it, this clutch setup makes a huge difference. 

Kal k

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 01:48:37 PM »
Ya putting it to sock now to get it figered. Jetted the mains down to 135 because I thought it was to fat but now I'm thinking it's not getting enough fuel through them in bottom end because once the econo jets kick in it pulls hard

gixxer6

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »
Do you have the original airbox installed?

Kal k

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 07:53:53 PM »
Ya but has some cracks in places

fitz2180

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 10:06:41 PM »
Stock gearing and stock secondary.  I modified a set of E ramps to Aaen spec, and used a red Kawasaki spring.  Then adjusted the ramp weights until I got the desired max RPM, being the rest of the sled is stock-ish, 8,000 RPM.  I believe for me I ended up with stock ramp bolts with 3 thick washers on each.  This gave me a wicked launch, I don't recall the exact engagement rpm, but it made my Invader scary fast.  It's an excellent drag setup, but not very trail friendly.  I played with the clutch a lot, and ended up with stock.  I do keep a clutch setup with the Aaen weights in case I ever get someone that wants to race all I have to do is pop it on.

I just started putting my motor back together after replacing pistons and crank seals. I am thinking of setting my 440 Invader up for drags and trails ( two separate clutches). Where can I find the Springs and ramps referenced?

Thank you!

sprocket

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 07:21:54 AM »
Fitz2180 what I learned is to have 2 sleds one for trail riding & the other for drag racing clutching is just one part of the set up, ice picks, chisels, r track, light weight skis, drag suspension, open stingers to name a few don't work on trail riding