Author Topic: Ltd stator plate  (Read 3043 times)

Checkmarks

Ltd stator plate
« on: January 03, 2019, 07:15:12 PM »
Kawasaki sleds rule!

Somehow for a moment I forgot my first statement.  My sleds still run like champions.  A friend recently picked up a 4/6 ltd and got me all excited again.  Now I have someone to go out racing again. 

On to my question.  Is the stator plate the same between the Ltd 4/6 and regular invader? Are the primary coil and the pulser the same?

His sled backfired on me.  Odd, mine never backfires.  The second time it backfired there was a fire!  Thank heaven I got the fire out, almost burned down my garage.  New fire extinguishers installed!  Backfiring I blamed the CDI.  Put in one of my good running motors with carbs setup, the known good cdi.  Of course this setup runs like a champion.  While this young man changed the seals his motor it was not running well at all; the symptoms of bad seals, hence just putting my motor in his sled.  When he put his cdi on my sled, we learn his cdi is good.  That leads to pointing at the stator plate. 

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: Ltd stator plate
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
Last time I had one back fire it was a burnt piston and yup--almost had a fire on my hands. ???

mswyka

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 05:38:49 PM »
Similar here, backfires have been associated with air leaks.
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

Interceptor123

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 07:36:35 PM »
Three years ago I rebuilt my Invader engine. Got it it back in the chassis and all it would do was backfire. Turned out that the stator plate shifted a couple of degrees as I tightened up the screws. After putting out a little fire or two I checked the timing and figured it out.

Checkmarks

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
Seals replaced AND a broken piston from a carb part that went through the ports into the crank case.  Regular invader cylinders since pistons are a premium... for the 4/6...

Noticed cc the heads the regular invader had 1cc less space compared to the 4/6 quad plug head.  Maybe that regular invader head was cut?  Anybody know the answer?  16cc and will recheck the the compression ratio if there is anybody in the chase to use premium/race fuels.

Checkmarks

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 01:03:53 PM »
Thank you Sproket:

You answered this question on the site, I just had to do my due diligence reading and digging!  Thank you for your posting of information!  Thank you to the highers that run this web site! 

Checkmarks

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 11:38:46 PM »
Up date.

Friends 4/6 lower motor went on to break the crankshaft.  Grabbed another lower unit from deep in the shed.  Dusted it off and gave it some new seals.  Cylinders survived and one piston usable.  Dug a little deeper in the shed for a usable piston... 

I think it was the crankshaft going south that caused the starting/backfiring, hard to start and misfiring nightmare.  Well, until it was apparent the crank had failed bad.

His sled is running like a champ.  Don't think it matters which stator plate you use.  My friend has big eyes for my IFS Kawasaki.