Author Topic: Kawasaki pleasures  (Read 3413 times)

Checkmarks

Kawasaki pleasures
« on: March 23, 2019, 03:47:31 PM »
The other day was the BEST.

A friend said lets take out 440s for a change.  Yahoo on a fun sled for the days adventures.  There was the digging out the Kawasaki under two feet of snow at the mine, but it should start.  I spent the money and had the cylinders done and fresh pistions.

Add oil, put in fuel, two primes with the pump, choke on.  She smokes again!

Spent the day buzzing everywhere.  The snow was set perfect and there was only one place my sled buried in the snow.  We flew down this year trails and off trail the snow was firm packed.  There were a couple of times I thought the sled might pop the air shocks but they performed very well.  The IFS handled remarkably and the motor sang sweet all day.

There is so much pleasure making a newer sled (partners) look silly trying to keep up on the 4/6 motored Kawasaki.  This ridding buddy does not like old sleds because they suck starting and breaking down.  New Polaris skid, 1.5in paddle track,  Polaris IFS with many modifications to work, P85 primary, arctic cat secondary, hydro brakes, custom pipe... Still looks like a Kawasaki...
The snow riding is short from here to the end this year. 

Sunday another trip is in the plans!

Checkmarks

Re: Kawasaki pleasures
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 03:52:47 PM »
Just a photo 11500ft at my friends mine.  The drift is 22ft tall.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 07:27:55 PM »
Great pictures and it sounds like a blast riding in that area!!

Boomologist

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 04:32:24 AM »
It's great when the day goes so good. Just curious, what is your friend mining?

Checkmarks

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 10:13:55 AM »
The real estate I own is patented land called the Amsterdam load mine claim 18201, 5.1 acres at a perfect two mile high. My friends place is at 11.5k elevation and he has the Mackey extension and the Little Annie load claims.  I cannot speak for the history of his claim but there is at a minimum three level tunnel system under me.  The shaft portal is just outside my window and I used the shaft house foundation to build.  The portal is getting opened this summer.  Near Blackhawk or Central city Colorado.  Au was the primary ore.  Great minerals come this area tungsten (for ww2 tank killer bullets) and Radium (Curries or she processed) are examples.

Boomologist

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »
Great mines! Would sure like to visit them. We have two mines here in Eastern Washington. One is primarily Uranium and the other is a gem stone. The U mine produces many other minerals that collectors are wild for so we made some $ selling to them.
The gem stone also produces some gold and a little silver but not enough to commercially mine.
I haven't been up the mountain in over 10 years due to failed back surgery. Had some great fun mining (especially the part with explosives). We will probably sell the mines if someone was interested.