Author Topic: Northeast Kawasaki Snowmobile Owners Ride-in and Swap Meet ??? February 23, 201  (Read 10209 times)

mswyka

Folks:

Good morning.  At the suggestion of Maxthrottle a few of us have begun discussing the possibility of a Northeast Kawasaki Snowmobile Owners Ride-In and Swap Meet (NEKSORIASM, we might need to work on this acronym).  After eliminating dates when Max is in the air or others are on holiday, we are proposing Saturday, February 23, 2012.  At this point we still have some challenges - snow for one - there is currently no way to predict whether or not we will have snow at that time.  The second is venue.  And with that said, for the lack of an alternate, and better venue, I would offer our farm with direct access to about 500 acres and again if there is enough snow, trails to further reaches of the valley.

So I make this posting not knowing for sure whether or not we can pull this off, but putting it out there for others here in the northeast who might be interested and/or who may be able to offer suggestions that would give us a higher probability of success.

In addition to access to our farm - which by the way being private property does not require sled registration - Just an hour away in Newton, NJ is the Snowmobile Barn Museum and just a half hour away in Newburgh, NY is the world headquarters of the world famous Orange County Choppers.

So there you have some preliminary thoughts.  Let us know what you think.

Mark
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

jimvw57

Great idea!!! wish it was closer but sounds great to me. Even without snow you could have one heck of a party.  A great way to maybe include some tech sessions on different repairs and such (??)

Lloyd (ljm)

Hmmm   would like to be there..  How far is it from the border?
77 SST
78 Intruder
79 340 Invader
80 440 Invader
80 Drifter (bought new)
80 LTD 4/6    X2

Several Deeres

mswyka

Hmmm   would like to be there..  How far is it from the border?

Lloyd, if we keep the venue at the farm we are 6 hours from the border - pretty much regardless of which crossing you use. 

MaxThrottle

• In search of snow!
I'm "IN"!

MaxThrottle

• In search of snow!
Mark, my acronym is no better, shorter but no better.

NEWKOR(a)S(m)......? North East Winter Kawasaki Owners Ride (and) Swap (Meet)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:23:11 PM by MaxThrottle »

mswyka

I am excited to say that we picked up a nice 4" snowfall last night, so sledding is alive and well again here in southeast New York.  Still to early to predict conditions for February 23.

In thinking about the acronym I want to float out NEOKawS - Northeast Owners of Kawasaki Snowmobiles - pronounced:  "neo cows" 

Feel free to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down.

MaxThrottle

• In search of snow!
I like  NEO KawS! :)

JDmatt

Could I bring a Kawi-powered Deere?  I highly doubt I'll have my Invader done, but this is too close to home to miss. 
Matt
www.JDsleds.com - John Deere Snowmobiles
www.newbreedparts.com - New parts for John Deere & Kawasaki Snowmobiles

79Intruder

• Stripping down 79 Intruder
I wish that it was closer as well. I live in N.H. They have a swap meet every year up here, But not one with just Kawasaki. I will love to see the pics when all is said and done.

mswyka

Could I bring a Kawi-powered Deere?  I highly doubt I'll have my Invader done, but this is too close to home to miss.

Matt, if we are able to pull this off we would love to have you.

quadgoat

Hmmmm this is very tempting. I highly doubt I'd be able to make it down from Maine though :(

I went to college in Poughkeepsie NY, how far are you from there Mark?

-Paul
1979 Kawasaki Invader 440 (10,000+ miles, but she wears them well!)
1980 (or maybe '79?) Kawasaki Drifter 440 (My first sled, and I still own it!)

mswyka

Paul, another 50 minutes gets you here from Poughkeepsie.  Just up there Thursday night for dinner at the CIA.

snojet71

anything new happening with this discussion?   Going to happen?   

mswyka

anything new happening with this discussion?   Going to happen?   

At this point it all depends upon whether we have snow or not.  We had some good snow after Christmas, but the temps have been up and down for us.  If we do get snow, the area is pretty good and there are a number of places that can be ridden to including:  Convenience store, pizza parlor and Arctic Cat dealer in the event someone needs plugs or oil.  So, keep praying for snow.